Frequently Asked Football Questions
Who can play football for SVJFAC?
Children that are residents of Cranberry Township, Seven Fields, Jackson Township, Zelienople and Harmony may participate in SVJFAC programs.
What are the age requirements for football in SVJFAC?
Football is for children ages 6 to 13. For children between the ages of 6 and 11, the SVJFAC League age is based on the child's age on June 1st of the current season.
To participate in the 12 year old division, the player's 12th birthday must be on or prior to January 1st of the current season.
What are the weight requirements for football in SVJFAC?
SVJFAC is a member of the Parkway Youth Football League and follows their guidelines. Each age group has a different maximum weight limit for the players. There are no minimum weight requirements for any division, that is left to the better judgment of the child's parents.
- 6/7 Division: Players 7th birthday must be on or prior to June 1st of the current season. Maximum weight is 95 pounds.
- 8/9 Division: Players 9th birthday must be on or prior to June 1st of the current season. Maximum weight is 120 pounds.
- 10/11 Division: Players 11th birthday must be on or prior to June 1st of the current season. Maximum weight is 145 pounds.
- 12 Division: Players 12th birthday must be on or prior to June 1st of the current season. Maximum weight is 160 pounds.
Can I play for the middle school and SVJFAC?
No, in order to play football for SVJFAC you may not be on a school football team.
Do participants have to tryout?
Yes, sort of. During the first week of practice all players will be evaluated in order to rank them for the draft. The draft method is used to better ensure equal teams at each age group. All children that sign-up and come to practice will be placed on a team.
Do players ever get cut?
No. If a player signs up and comes to practice they will be placed on a team. That said, there may be a circumstance where a child is not physically or mentally ready to play football and could be a safety concern for himself or a team mate. In situations like this the Executive Board reserves the right to refund the players money in full and ask him to withdraw from the program. Given the aggressive nature of the game, even at these ages, it is often in the best interest of the child to let them mature another year or so before coming back and trying again. In any situation like this the parents, head coach and football coordinator will have a discussion as to what is best for the child.
How much does it cost?
Registration is $180 plus a $15 Concession Fee payable thru PayPal or Credit Card.
We realize that people move away over the summer, kids decide they don't want to play, etc. In order to accommodate those people as well as maintain a well-run association, the following refund policy has been put in place.
- Withdraw prior to receiving equipment: Fee paid minus $25.00
- Withdraw after equipment receipt and prior to start of 3rd week of practice: Fee paid minus $50.00
- Withdraw after 3rd week of practice begins: No Refund